WAYS TO DONATE
(with debit or credit cards)
* CanadaHelps issues tax receipts automatically by email.
* PayPal tax receipts are typically sent within 30 days of donation via Canada Post.
Download our printable
, fill out and mail along with your cheque to:
Oak Bay Sea Rescue Society
PO Box 5624, LCD 9
Victoria, BC V8R 6S4
* Tax receipts are issued for donations of $20 or greater. Please do not send cash in the mail.
"We Live Forever Through What We Give"
(Douglas M. Lawson).
Consider Leaving A Legacy to Oak Bay Sea Rescue Society. For educational information about legacy gifts, please visit this website: www.leavealegacy.ca
- there is a Vancouver Island chapter available to assist you with your questions. Or phone us @ 250.589.6247 and our Fundraising Chair will follow up and contact you.
... and be one of our local heroes! Click here
to find out how you can join our organization.
Our organization prides itself on ethical fundraising practices. We do not engage in telemarketing or share our donor list with other organizations.
WHAT YOUR DONATION CAN PROVIDE
- the price of protective goggles which improve vision during foul weather rescues.
- the cost of a strobe light which could save the life of a crew member swept overboard during a night rescue.
- the price of a helmet - essential for a crew member racing at high speeds to a rescue.
- pays for a specialized utility vest, which gives a crew member quick access to first aid and safety equipment.
- buys a radio for fast communication between rescue crews and rescue coordinators.
- is the price of an all-weather survival suit, necessary for British Columbia's freezing waters and harsh winter storms.
- the average cost of a single incident, with one crew and one vessel.
- personal flares to protect members in case of man overboard.
- knives to assist members in cutting lines/flotsam/debris.
Rescue Station (boathouse)
- the cost of one new piling required for our new Rescue Station.
- the cost of engineered boathouse plans - mandatory requirement for our location.
- the cost of floatation for our boathouse structure.
Where Most Needed
Much of our equipment is specialized. Due to the nature of our services, unexpected costs can arise. During a tasking or training, equipment can be lost at sea or damaged beyond repair.
Safety standards are always changing - occasionally a mandatory change will happen quickly and impact our planned budget dramatically.
To keep our administrative costs at their very lowest, we do not rent office space or employ any paid staff. All administrative work is done by our dedicated volunteers. Extras funds will help make our volunteer's administrative jobs faster and easier; and in turn help keep you more informed. Funds in this category will also help support volunteer recognition events.